To ensure a successful program and maintain consistency between schools, the Feelin’ Good ® Mileage Club ® coordinators are required to meet the expectations outlined below. Please review these expectations thoroughly before enrolling your school.
BEFORE the program begins:
- Recruit a team of volunteers (parents, grandparents, teachers, students) to help you promote and facilitate the program.
- Distribute registration forms to students, and encourage enrollment from Feb. 1 - March 4, 2019.
- Designate a Mileage Club ® course for your students (1/4 mile recommended)
- Find a suitable area that offers good visibility for course supervisors and a safe walking environment.
- Accurately measure the course. A measuring wheel is available at Playmakers in Okemos (517.349.3803) or from Sparrow Health and Wellness (517.364.8141).
DURING the program:
- Record mileage on a weekly basis according to timeline provided.
- Distribute incentives using the guidelines below. Incentive levels MAY NOT be modified.
- One Toe Token ® = five miles (four max, per child)
- One water bottle = 20 miles (one per child)
- Run the program during published start/finish dates only.
AFTER the program:
- Return all leftover Toe Tokens ® and water bottles to Sparrow Health and Wellness, 2900 Hannah Blvd., Suite 211, East Lansing, MI 48823.
To become a Mileage Club ® site:
Complete the online registration at SparrowMilesClub.com. The program is available to the first 150 schools in Clinton, Eaton, Gratiot, Ingham, Ionia, Livingston, Montcalm and Shiawassee counties that register between Dec. 1, 2018 and Jan. 4, 2019.
The coordinator (not a designee) must attend a one-hour orientation meeting. Dates and times for orientations are included in the online registration.