We provide drug screen collection services overseen by trained and experienced personnel. That’s important as you manage and monitor your workforce.
In addition, our rapid drug screen technology provides same-day results, while our lab based drug testing results are usually available in 24-48 hours.
Quality is central to our service. Medical review officers supervise drug screens and breath alcohol testing is completed by Certified Breath Alcohol Technicians.
Employer Instructions for After Hours Drug & Alcohol Testing
After Hours Drug and Alcohol Testing is available from 5 pm – 7am, Monday through Friday and 24 hours on Weekends and Major Holidays.
- Page OHS on‐call staff at 517.360.2165 (on‐call staff should respond within 15 minutes). Please let staff know what type of testing is to be done.
- Send the employee directly to the Sparrow Main Campus along with a completed authorization form indicating what services are needed and the reason for testing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An employer representative MUST accompany the employee to our collection site for any Reasonable Suspicion Drug/Alcohol Testing. Reasonable suspicion drug and/or alcohol testing will NOT be performed on any unaccompanied employee.
- Give the employee the directions to the Sparrow Hospital Parking Lot D located at 1215 E. Michigan Ave, Lansing, MI 48912. Click here for printable instructions and map
- When employee arrives at the Sparrow Parking Lot D (North of the Holmes Street and Michigan Avenue intersection) they will use the security buzzer to notify the Sparrow Security Department that they are here for after‐hours drug/alcohol testing. Security will give them access to the secure lot for parking and entry into the hospital.
- The employee will proceed to the sliding doors leading into the building and use the security buzzer at the doors to gain access into the building. Then walk to the first set of elevators and wait for security or the Sparrow OHS on‐call staff to meet them and escort them to the testing site.
- The Sparrow Occupational Health on‐call caregiver will escort the employee to the testing site and perform the after‐hours testing indicated on the authorization form or by the employer representative accompanying the employee.
- After testing is completed, the on‐call caregiver will take the employee back to the Cancer Center Parking Lot Entrance and the employee may leave. A copy of the testing form(s) will be provided to the employee.
Important Note: A breath alcohol test with a confirmed positive result requires that the employee remain in the testing area until the employer has made arrangements for transportation as the employee may not drive. It is the responsibility of the employer to arrange for transportation.
- Contact OHS at 517.364.3900 on the next business day for any needed follow up.
Note: A breath alcohol test with a confirmed positive result requires that the employee remain in the testing area until the employer has been notified and arrangements for transportation for the employee have been made. It is the responsibility of the employer to arrange for transportation.
- Contact OHS at 517.364.3900 on the next business day if there are any questions or concerns.