Each gift, regardless of size, is acknowledged and appreciated.
Gifts can be directed toward a project or program. Gifts also may be designated to the discretion of the Foundation committee for the area of greatest need.
- Cash: A cash gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. You may also use your credit card to make a gift.
- Pledges: A pledge may be made at any time and be paid monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Tribute Gifts: A thoughtful way to honor or remember someone special.
- Stocks, bonds and other securities: This type of gift provides a tax deduction equal to the fair market value when the gift is delivered.Gifts from sources with a low basis (significant appreciation) may be able to be given without capital gains tax.
- Bequests: A bequest allows you to express your support of services at Sparrow Clinton Hospital through your willing or living trust.
- Charitable trusts: Various trusts arrangements may allow you to enjoy tax benefits, avoid capital gains, and provide lifetime income for yourself or a loved one.
- Matching gifts: Ask your employer if they will match your gift.You may be able to double your gift.
- Life Insurance: You may name the Foundation as the beneficiary of a paid-up-policy, or of a new policy and take the premiums as the tax deduction.
- Real estate or other tangible assets: Real estate may be fully deductible at the appraised value.
Donor Recognition – Giving Clubs
Cumulative giving is recognized on the Foundation donor boards in the hospital lobby.
Trustee: $100,000 or more
Benefactor: $50,000 - $99,999
Founders: $10,000 - $49,999
Signature: $5,000 - $9,999
Cornerstone: $1,000 - $4,999
Friends: $500 - $999