Best Newborn Care Class Ever
Time: Saturdays 9-3 or a three week evening series
Location: Classes are available in the Lansing area.
Class Fee: $120 per couple
PHP and SPHN Insurance now covers cost of this program please use registration form below.
Financial Assistance is available for this class for details email: email@example.com
Description: Learn everything you need to know about taking care of and feeding your newborn, starting with the moment your baby is born. Class discussion on what to expect with a newborn: how to care for your newborn, soothing a crying baby, understanding infant sleep patterns, recognizing illness, car seat safety, feeding your baby including information on formula and breastfeeding and adjusting to parenthood. Parents will have opportunities for hands on practice with CPR and choking, diapering, swaddling, infant massage, infant burping and more.
This class is a must for parents to get all your questions answered by professional childbirth educators and infant feeding specialists.
Week 1: About Your Newborn, Newborn Care, Crying Baby, Infant Sleep
Week 2: Infant CPR and Safety, Safe Sleep, Car Seat Safety, Sick Baby, Adjusting to Parenthood
Week 3: Feeding Your Newborn
- Infant feeding choices
- Understanding Breastfeeding
- Understanding bottle-feeding
- Prenatal changes
- How your body makes milk
- Skin to skin & the first feeding
- Positioning and latch on
- Signs of success & how to manage possible problems
- Maintaining milk supply
- Breast pump basics & milk collection/storage
- Where to find help with breastfeeding/community resource
- Introducing bottles
- Safe preparation of formula
- Combination feeding
Saturday March 23rd, 9am - 3pm
Saturday April 6th, 9am - 3pm
Saturday April 27th, 9am - 3pm
Sunday May 19th: 9am - 3pm
3 Week Series
Mondays, March 11th, 18th & 25th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Mondays, April 15th, 22nd & 29th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Mondays, May 6th, 13th & 20th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
***New dates will be added as they become available***
*Pre-registration is required.
WAYS TO REGISTER (Please note you will receive a registration email within two business days.)
- REGISTRATION FORM USING CREDIT CARD - Use this form if you are paying by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
- PHP/SPHN ONLY Registration Use this form if you have PHP (not Medicaid PHP) or if you have SPHN insurance (Sparrow Associates only) and your class is covered by insurance.
- Download the PDF REGISTRATION FORM and mail it in with your check, money order, credit card, or insurance information and send to: EPO 3315 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Lansing, MI 48910
Please email EPO at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-887-7000 to confirm class availability.