Dietitian's tip: The combination of vegetables, lean chicken breast and calcium-rich low-fat cheese makes this pizza a healthy, well-balanced meal.
- 1 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 8 green pepper rings
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced about 1-inch thick, with all visible fat removed
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza crust. Add the pepper, tomato, mushrooms and chicken. Drizzle barbecue sauce over the pizza and top with cheese.
Bake about 12 to 14 minutes. Cut the pizza into 8 slices and serve immediately.