Dietitian's tip: A crepe is a light, paper-thin pancake that is rolled up and filled with fruits or jams or meats, cheeses and vegetables. Here the crepes are filled with lean ham, asparagus, pineapple and cheese for a savory lunch or dinner option.
- 6 asparagus stalks, halved
- 4 prepackaged crepes, each about 8 inches in diameter
- 8 ounces extra-lean ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained of juice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat CoJack (Colby and Monterey Jack) cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus. Cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Heat the crepes in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or according to the package directions. Place 2 ounces of ham, 3 steamed asparagus stalks, 2 tablespoons pineapple and 2 tablespoons cheese on each crepe. Roll up and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish. Bake until the cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.