Dietitian's tip: To make it a meal, serve these Southwestern wraps with Spanish rice and slices of mango.
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 fat-free whole-wheat tortillas, 8 inches in diameter
- 1 cup low-fat refried black beans
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes and cilantro. Set aside.
Place 2 tortillas between a paper napkin or paper towel and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Scoop the refried black beans into a microwave-safe bowl. Warm on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to make sure the beans are heated through.
To serve, spread 1/4 cup of the black beans on 1 tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup of the tomato-cilantro mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold the sides and the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. Garnish with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.