Dietitian's tip: It's easier to slice the chicken when it is still partially frozen rather than waiting until it's completely thawed. Add your favorite hot pepper along with the sweet peppers to give this dish a higher heat index.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Half a green sweet bell pepper, slivered
- Half a red sweet bell pepper, slivered
- 12 whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheese
Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken slices and stir until chicken is well coated. Marinate for 15 minutes. Cook chicken in pan on grill or stovetop for 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Stir in onions and peppers. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until done to your liking. Divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each with 2 teaspoons salsa, 2 teaspoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons shredded cheese. Roll up and serve.