Dietitian's tip: This quick-to-assemble, healthy wrap is a great way to use leftover chicken and to add vegetables to your diet.
- 3-4 ounces of chicken breasts
- 2 whole chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced rutabaga or other root vegetable
- 4 ounces spinach, cut into strips
- 2 whole-grain tortillas (12-inch diameter)
You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken if you have it. If not, preheat oven to 375 F or start grill. Bake or grill chicken breasts for about 10 minutes on each side until interior temperature is 165 F. Remove, cool and cube chicken.
In a blender, puree chipotle peppers with white wine vinegar and mayonnaise. Place all ingredients except spinach and tortillas in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place 2 ounces spinach and half the mixture in each tortilla and wrap. Cut each wrap in half to serve.