Dietitian's tip: This is an excellent way to use leftover chicken.
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces precooked chicken breast meat
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and saute peppers, celery, onion and cumin until lightly brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano and garlic. Continue to saute until tomatoes blister and break open, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add contents to blender and puree until desired consistency.
Pull apart breast meat from chicken and divide among tortillas. Top with cheese, cabbage and sauce. Roll up and enjoy.