Monday, May 12, 2014
Sparrow, affiliates receive Governor’s Awards of Excellence for improving quality, Patient safety
Click here to see photos from the award ceremony.
Sparrow Health System is pleased to announce Sparrow Hospital, Sparrow Clinton Hospital, Sparrow Ionia Hospital and Sparrow Medical Group practices have received MPRO’s 2014 Governor’s Awards of Excellence.
The Governor’s Award of Excellence program is a partnership between MPRO, an independent non-profit organization and is recognized as a national leader in health care quality improvement and medical review, and the Governor Rick Snyder to provide recognition to improve quality and Patient safety in Michigan hospitals, physician practices, nursing homes and communities.
To be eligible for the award, Sparrow achieved, maintained and continually improved in specific and rigorous milestones. Several Sparrow locations and affiliates were honored with the following awards:
Outstanding Achievement in the Prevention Learning and Action Network
- Sparrow Medical Group - Dewitt
- Sparrow Medical Group - Eastside
- Sparrow Medical Group - Lansing
- Sparrow Medical Group - Mason
- Sparrow Medical Group - North
- Sparrow Medical Group - Okemos
- Sparrow Medical Group - Potterville
- Sparrow Senior Health
- Sparrow Medical Group – West
Outstanding Inpatient Clinical Achievement in the Acute Care Hospital Setting
- Edward W. Sparrow Hospital
Outstanding Inpatient Clinical Achievement in the Critical Access Hospital Setting and Outstanding Outpatient Clinical Achievement in the Critical Access Hospital Setting
- Sparrow Clinton Hospital
- Sparrow Ionia Hospital
The Governor’s Award of Excellence was developed in 2003. The current award is based upon work from 2012-2014 in the following areas:
- Reducing health care associated infections
- Reducing health care acquired conditions in nursing homes
- Reducing adverse drug events
- Integrating care for populations and communities through improving care transitions and coordination
- Improving preventive care and early diagnosis through immunizations and screening
- Improving clinical quality measures associated with improving cardiac health
- Improving clinical quality measures among acute care and critical access hospitals
- Reducing disparities of care in cardiac health
The award criteria are based on the National Quality Strategy, Partnership for Patients and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement Organizations’ 10th Statement of Work. The preventive care metrics also align with the Governor’s Healthy Michigan 4X4 plan.
For more information about the Governor’s Award of Excellence, including a list of winners, go to http://bit.ly/OCbcRD.
MPRO is an independent nonprofit and a national leader in health care quality improvement and medical review. MPRO serves as the federally designated Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for Michigan under contract with the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). MPRO also provides consultative services, medical and utilization review, data analysis and health information technology education and technical assistance to federal agencies, state Medicaid and public health agencies, health care facilities, private health plans and other third party payers. For more information, visit http://mpro.org.