Sparrow's partial hospitalization program provides 5-day-a-week treatment for patients who need intensive psychiatric care but don't need to stay in the hospital overnight. Our goal is to promote healthy role function and coping skills through the use of intensive, brief treatment. After they are discharged, patients should be able to continue their treatment in a traditional outpatient setting.
Treatment for psychiatric illness has undergone revolutionary changes over the past few decades. Years ago, the only options for people with mental illness were to go to a psychiatrist's private office, or be hospitalized. Sparrow’s partial hospitalization program offers a compromise allowing patients to return home in the evenings until their next session of compassionate care.
For patients who qualify, partial hospitalization can offer significant advantages over inpatient programs, including:
- Patient continues to live at home, but comes to hospital for care.
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision.
- Skilled nursing interventions.
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Stabilization of condition that would otherwise result in hospitalization.
- Less intensive, less expensive alternative to hospitalization.
The help you need
The experienced health professionals at Sparrow's partial hospitalization program offer the following treatments:
- Initial psychiatric evaluation
- Initiation of treatment with medication, psychotherapy, stress reduction, relaxation, training, activities therapy, music therapy and leisure-time planning
- Medication education
- Dietary training
- Spiritual counseling
Our substance abuse program features knowledgeable and experienced health care professionals including an attending psychiatrist, nurses and mental health therapists.