Thank you for visiting the Sparrow Continuing Medical Education (CME) website.The Office of Continuing Medical Education’s purpose is to certify lifelong learning activities and provide a wide range of educational activities for physicians and other healthcare professionals to enhance their knowledge, competence, performance and/or improve patient outcomes.
- Sparrow CME Calendar – check out upcoming regularly scheduled series, i.e. grand rounds, tumor boards, M&Ms, etc. and conferences
- Upcoming Activity Highlights – Registration information for designated Sparrow conferences/activities and other CME opportunities to assist you in meeting your State of Michigan requirements.Additional resource materials provided, i.e. Human Trafficking Tool kit, etc.
Earning CME Credit
- Self attestation – you must self-attest and sign-in on the sign-in-in sheet in order to receive CME.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- To earn CME credit, please complete the self-attestation process no later than two weeks after each session you attend.
- Helpful websites
- Self-attestation/Certificate -- completing the self-attestation process is required to obtain CME credit. After self-attesting, you may print a certificate. Your earned credits will automatically be saved in our system whether you obtain a certificate or not and want to print a transcript later.
- Transcript – Print your own transcript of CME sessions attended through Sparrow.
- Profile Complete your profile to establish your account.
- Disclosure - Complete/modify your online speaker disclosure.
- Calendar – Check out upcoming CME events.
- CME Office Contact Information: Don’t hesitate to contact the CME Office. The CME staff is here to assist you and is available to answer your CME program-related questions.
- Sparrow/Mayo Clinic School of Professional Development: The Sparrow CME Office has a new partnership with Mayo Clinic School of Professional Development.
- AMA-PRA Category 1 CME Credits ™ - All CME events with AMA-PRA Category 1 CME Credits ™ will come from Mayo Clinic School of Professional Development which is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- o AOA Category 1A, 1B, or 2A CME Credit - All CME events with Category 1A, 2A, or 1B CME Credit will come from Sparrow, an institution accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Have an idea for a CME activity?
- Contact the CME office staff to discuss your idea. We are here to help and work with you to ensure that all application requirements are met. You can also email email@example.com.
- A completed application packet must be received for review and approval no less than eight (8) weeks prior to the promotion date of the activity.
- State of Michigan CME Requirements
- Other Resources (Medical Library)
Other CME Opportunities