What is Mary Free Bed at Sparrow’s Day Rehab Program?
- If you’re searching for intensive rehabilitation care that would normally take place in a skilled nursing facility but would also like the ability to live at home
- Treatment focused on transition to home, work, and community life
- Patients scheduled with outpatient Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and/or Speech Therapists as recommended by a provider
Location: 2911 Eyde Parkway, Ste. 120 | East Lansing, MI 48823
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Caregiver support
Criteria for Admission
Caregiver must be present if physical/cognitive supervision is needed (i.e. assist with medication management, toileting, etc.)
- Able to tolerate and would benefit from two to four hours of therapy
- Ability to get to Mary Free Bed at Sparrow (on own or with community transportation)
- In need of two or more disciplines
- Age 16 or older
How to join the Day Rehab Program
- Have your hospital discharge planning team or community primary care provider write a signed order for physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech therapy. (A script for at least 2 therapy disciplines should be written to best utilize the day program’s treatment model).
- External Physicians: Fax script to 517.253.4030 with request of Physician or primary care provider to Day Rehab
- If there are any other questions or concern regarding the referral process, please call the Office Coordinator at 517.333.8980.
Typical Diagnoses Served
- Brain injury (traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Spinal cord injury (traumatic and non-traumatic)
- Multiple trauma
- Improved coordination of care to promote recovery
- Timing and scheduling for optimal Patient benefit
- Decreased length of rehabilitation
- Frequency of visits/per week and length of stay in the program are tailored to each individual Patient
Beth Spitzley, PT, MSPT
Katie Wright M.A., CCC-SLP
Jean Weygandt, OTR/L, ATP