Dietitian's tip: Herbal tea isn't made from tea leaves. Instead, herbs, flowers or spices are steeped in water. Most herbal teas are caffeine-free.
- 6 cups water
- 12 blackberry herbal tea bags
- 8 3-inch-long cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- Sugar substitute, to taste
- Ice cubes, crushed
In a large saucepan, heat water to just before boiling. Add tea bags, 2 of the cinnamon sticks and ginger. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for about 15 minutes.
Pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, placed over a pitcher. Add the juice and sweetener to taste. Refrigerate until very cold.
To serve, fill 6 tall, chilled glasses with crushed ice. Pour the tea over the top of the ice and garnish with cinnamon sticks. Serve immediately.