Dietitian's tip: This thick, creamy shake is a breeze to make. Just be certain that the almond milk is truly ice cold and that the banana is frozen. Peel and halve the banana before freezing.
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla soy or dairy yogurt
- 1 very ripe banana, frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus extra for garnish
Put the dates in a small bowl and sprinkle with the warm water. Let soak for 5 minutes to soften, then drain.
In a blender, combine the dates, almond milk, yogurt, banana, ice cubes and the 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish each with a dusting of nutmeg.