The Affordable Care Act means major changes are happening in the health insurance market, especially if your coverage is not provided by your employer.
You can receive care at Sparrow and we will bill all insurances, however whether it is considered in-network or out-of-network will vary, which can affect your costs. If you prefer to speak directly with a billing representative, please call 517.364.6740. Please note: no medical information will be released.
Sparrow is participating with the following Government/Private insurance plans and services are covered at “in-network” levels for treatment at Sparrow:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- McLaren Health Plan
- Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicaid and Medicaid HMO plans
- Worker’s Compensation
- Great West Healthcare
- JFP Benefit Management
- Prarie States Enterprises
- Healthplus (All members-Cardiac Services only, GM Hourly/RMBT members-All Sparrow Services)
For plans purchased on the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace, commonly referred to as the Public Exchange, Sparrow is participating with the following plans and services are covered at “in-network” levels for treatment at Sparrow:
- Blue Care Network of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- McLaren Health Plan Rewards Plan – Directly Contracted Network level coverage (10-40% coinsurance depending on plan level)
Sparrow is not participating with the following Michigan Public Exchange plans and services are covered at “out-of-network” levels for treatment at Sparrow. Please consult your plan provider for your “out-of-network” coverage as it may vary.
- Alliance Health and Life Insurance Company
- Consumers Mutual Insurance of Michigan (CO-OP)
- Health Alliance Plan
- Humana Medical Plan of Michigan, Inc.
- Meridian Health Plan of Michigan, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare of Michigan
- Priority Health
- Priority Health Insurance Company
- Total Health Care USA
- United Healthcare Life Insurance Company