Sparrow Laboratories offers a complete array of laboratory services, quickly and accurately performing millions of tests each year. Sparrow has 17 outpatient labs throughout mid-Michigan for your convenience.
A medical laboratory has an important function as the liaison between the technical and clinical worlds. The pathologists, clinical scientists, medical technologists and others who work at Sparrow Laboratories provide around-the-clock analysis that is essential to accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Facts about Sparrow Laboratories:
- Sparrow’s lab ranks in the top 25 laboratories in the nation in the number of annual procedures performed.
- We perform more than 9 million procedures annually.
- Sparrow Laboratories couriers total nearly 2,300 miles a day transporting lab samples throughout mid-Michigan.
- Sparrow’s Biosafety Level 3 Laboratory is ready to assist state and local public health efforts in the event of a bioterrorism or infectious disease emergency.
- In May 2007, Sparrow unveiled a state-of-the-art Molecular Diagnostics Center of Excellence on the St. Lawrence campus – one of only a few dozen nationwide – that greatly enhances the ability of physicians to diagnose and treat infectious diseases, hereditary disorders and cancers, leading to better care for patients.
- Sparrow Laboratories is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and has achieved ISO 9000 certification, a series of international standards for quality control.