Sparrow Laboratories offers a complete array of laboratory services, quickly and accurately performing millions of tests each year. Sparrow has 19 outpatient labs throughout mid-Michigan for your convenience.
A medical laboratory has an important function as the liaison between the technical and clinical worlds. The pathologists, clinical scientists, medical technologists and others who work at Sparrow Laboratories provide around-the-clock analysis that is essential to accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Know Your Numbers
Assess and monitor your risk of heart disease and stroke by visiting one of Sparrow’s Regional Laboratories and request a Know Your Numbers screening today.
- Screening includes cholesterol (total, HDL, LDL), glucose, and blood pressure checks.
- Cost is $10/person (cash or check).
- No appointment or physician referral required.
- To ensure accuracy, you must fast for 12 hours prior to the test; water is allowed and you may continue to take your medications.
- Test results are mailed to you, and you can request a copy be sent to your doctor.
Facts about Sparrow Laboratories:
- Sparrow’s lab ranks in the top 25 laboratories in the nation in the number of annual procedures performed.
- We perform more than 9 million procedures annually.
- Sparrow Laboratories couriers total nearly 2,300 miles a day transporting lab samples throughout mid-Michigan.
- Sparrow’s Biosafety Level 3 Laboratory is ready to assist state and local public health efforts in the event of a bioterrorism or infectious disease emergency.
- In May 2007, Sparrow unveiled a state-of-the-art Molecular Diagnostics Center of Excellence on the St. Lawrence campus – one of only a few dozen nationwide – that greatly enhances the ability of physicians to diagnose and treat infectious diseases, hereditary disorders and cancers, leading to better care for patients.
- Sparrow Laboratories is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and has achieved ISO 9000 certification, a series of international standards for quality control.