Sparrow Orthopedic Center: In a Class of its Own
Sparrow is the only hospital in mid-Michigan certified as a Center of Excellence by the Joint Commission for the highest national standards in hip and knee replacements.
Sparrow Orthopedic Services provides a comprehensive program for problems arising from acute and chronic injuries and/or changes in the musculoskeletal system—the body's bones and joints, plus the ligaments, tendons and muscles that support them. Sparrow offers mid-Michigan's only "Total Joint Camp" program for total knee and hip replacement patients, providing individualized, integrated care from a skilled clinical team.
Blue Distinction Center
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network have designated Sparrow as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. The Blue Distinction program recognizes hospitals that demonstrate higher levels of performance in providing better care for patients.
Our overall goal is to return people to the lives and lifestyles they desire. We accomplish this through treatment plans and options that combine proven, effective procedures with leading technological advancements.
Experienced orthopedic surgeons at Sparrow provide expertise in a number of surgical specialties and sub-specialties:
- General orthopedics is the medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, care and treatment of patients with disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Joint reconstruction and replacement has improved the quality of life for millions of Americans by easing pain, improving range of motion and increasing activity levels. Hips and knees are the most commonly replaced joints.
- Specialists in Foot and Ankle treat broken bones and injuries, as well as diseases and syndromes, of the foot, ankle, heel and toes.
- Hand, Wrist and Upper Extremity treat broken bones and injuries, as well as diseases and syndromes, of the hand, wrist, finger/thumb, shoulder and elbow.
- Specialists in Spine and Neck treat spinal injuries and conditions, plus diseases and syndromes, such as herniated disks and congenital scoliosis.
- Sports Medicine is a wide-ranging field treating professional and weekend athletes, and everyone in between. In addition to treating sports injuries and conditions, these specialists focus on wellness, safety and injury prevention.
- Orthopedic Trauma specialists treat extreme injury to the musculoskeletal system from such things as auto accidents, falls or gunshots.
- As we age our bones may become brittle or less dense, leading to Geriatric Fractures. A leading cause of broken bones is osteoporosis, sometimes referred to as brittle bones disease.
Completing our multi-disciplinary team are dedicated, compassionate orthopedic nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physicians’ assistants, case managers, athletic trainers and orthopedic technicians — all committed to providing a full continuum of orthopedic care.
Learn more about the unrivaled features of Sparrow Orthopedic Center.
Find an orthopedic surgeon.