The Sparrow Children's Center team supports the
emotional and psychosocial needs of children, adolescents and their families in
a variety of ways, including:
- Policies, procedures and an approach to care that are
developmentally-based and family-centered to the extent possible.
- Availability of a fully licensed pediatric psychologist to support the
healthy adjustment of children, adolescents and their families. Inpatient
services are available for assessment, education, anticipatory guidance,
counseling and support. Outpatient psychology services include evaluation
- Preoperative surgical orientation to relieve anxiety about surgery.
- Child-friendly inpatient hospital rooms and environment with
accommodations for one adult to spend the night with each patient.
- Separate inpatient playrooms for young children, school-aged children
and teenagers, with a full time Child Life staff, planned activities and
- Child-friendly outpatient clinic facilities.
- Wide array of computer, video, TV and printed materials that are family-
and age-appropriate for the education and entertainment of children and