Cardiac Rehabilitation at the Sparrow Heart and Vascular Center is an individualized program of exercise and education to help patients with heart disease obtain an optimal state of health. The Cardiac Rehabilitation staff works with each cardiac patient and their physician to develop an individualized plan of care.
Cardiac Rehab consists of two parts:
- Exercise Training to help you exercise safely, strengthen your muscles and get your energy back.
- Education and Counseling to help you understand your heart condition and find ways to change unhealthy habits to new, healthy ones.
Who Can Participate in Cardiac Rehabilitation?
In general, patients are eligible to participate if they have or have had:
- Bypass surgery
- An angioplasty or stent placement
- A heart attack
- A heart transplant
- An established diagnosis of coronary artery (heart) disease
- Stable angina
A physician referral is required.
Why Participate in Cardiac Rehab?
Cardiac Rehabilitation provides many benefits to the patient including:
- Improvement in activity tolerance and exercise capacity
- Reduction in risk factors for heart disease
- Decrease in symptoms like chest pain and shortness of breath
- Helping patients feel better faster
- Living longer
- Reducing stress
For more information, call the Sparrow Cardiac Rehabilitation at 517.364.5364