Sparrow Health System values your privacy and confidentiality. This Sparrow Health System Web Site Security Policy (referred to as "this Security Policy" or "this Policy") describes how Sparrow Health System uses personal information that you provide through this Web Site and the security measures Sparrow Health System takes to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information you submit through this Web Site.
- Information Collected. Through this Web Site, Sparrow Health System collects personal information you provide through on-line registration for inpatient and outpatient procedures, community health and Expectant Parent Organization education classes, human resources employment applications, volunteer service applications, gift shop orders, Sparrow Foundation donations, pharmacy refills, My Sparrow messaging, and E-Mail requests.
- Use of Information Collected. Once we receive your transmission of personal information, Sparrow Health System treats the information as confidential. By submitting information through the inpatient/outpatient/rehab registration forms, online refills program, e-Weight Manager program, Community Health Education class registration, Online Payment Submission, Regional Medical Supply or Gift Shop retail services, you authorize Sparrow Health System and /or the applicable Sparrow Health System affiliate to disclose the information to your insurance company for verification of coverage or to forward your enrollment information to Expectant Parent Organization. Other information submitted (employment applications, volunteer applications, etc.) are for internal use.
- Security Measures. When you submit personal information to Sparrow Health System through the pre-registration form, the gift shop order form, the Expectant Parent Organization form or the pharmacy refill form, Sparrow Health System encrypts the information using encryption technology which is the industry standard means to protect information that passes over the web to Sparrow Health System's server. While Sparrow Health System is committed to enhancing security through use of encryption technology, at this time no data transmission over the Internet can be made 100% secure. Sparrow Health System cannot ensure that encryption technologies are undecipherable or that servers on or off Sparrow Health System’s premises are impenetrable. Sparrow Health System will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information as a result of interrupted transmission or unauthorized acts of a third party. New Internet browser technology, such as Netscape Navigator 4.0 (or later) or Microsoft Explorer 5.0 (or later), is required to activate the encryption technology used by Sparrow Health System.
- Other Web Sites. This Security Policy addresses only uses of your personal information by Sparrow Health System and its subsidiaries and affiliates as obtained through this Web Site and My Sparrow. This Security Policy does not extend to other web sites and Sparrow Health System makes no warranties regarding the use of personal information you disclose to other web sites, even if those web sites are linked to the Sparrow Health System Web Site. We encourage you to review the security policy(ies) of all other web sites that you access.
- Changes to this Web Site Security Policy. Sparrow Health System reserves the right to revise this Security Policy from time to time. Sparrow Health System reserves the right to make any revised policy effective for personal information already collected through this Web Site and My Sparrow, as well as personal information collected in the future. Your continued use of the Sparrow Health System Web Site and My Sparrow constitutes acceptance of any changes to this Security Policy. For your information, the date of the last revision of this Security Policy is stated at the bottom of this Policy.
- Sparrow Health System Notice of Privacy Practices. For information about how Sparrow Health System and some of its subsidiaries and affiliates use and disclose health information collected as a result of services you obtain at Sparrow Health System facilities (not through this Web Site), please review the Sparrow Health System Notice of Privacy Practices, a copy of which is provided for you on this Web Site.