Sparrow Specialty Hospital is designed to meet the complex needs of its patients by using a team of professionals from a variety of disciplines. The team is directed by a physician and includes nurses, specialty physicians, nutritional services, pharmacy, therapists and a variety of other services.
The key team members are:
- Nurses and Patient Care Technicians: Our nurses play an important role in shaping treatment plans and assessing each patient’s progress.
- Physicians: Physicians manage each patient’s medical needs and plan health care and rehabilitation programs. Staff medical specialties include internal medicine; infectious disease; cardiology; pulmonology; ear, nose and throat; neurology; surgery; orthopedics; and psychology/psychiatry.
- Case Manager/Social Workers: The case manager is the principal liaison between the patient and the treatment team. Case managers give each patient information about their care plan, work with the patient and treatment team to formulate a plan of care designed to meet patient needs.
- Registered Dietitian: The registered dietitian provides patients with an initial nutritional assessment and is available for nutritional consultations during their hospital stay. The dietitian works to educate the patient and their family and aims to maximize the patient’s nutrition to promote strengthening and healing.
- Pharmacy Services: Pharmacy Services strives to provide the best administration of medication and educate patients and their families on the medicine and its side effects.
- Respiratory Therapists: Respiratory therapists are available 24 hours a day and are instrumental in managing pulmonary care plans for patients. They are very effective in weaning patients off of ventilators.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists: Many patients at Sparrow Specialty Hospital are referred to physical, occupational and/or speech therapy services. They are able to address physical, cognitive and/or speech and swallowing impairments in order to restore movement and function.
- Wound/Dialysis: Bedside wound and dialysis services are available from a dedicated team of specialists. The latest technology and equipment are used for serious, non-healing wounds.