Sparrow’s substance abuse inpatient unit is a 14-bed unit that treats individuals 18 and older with an alcohol or drug problem that impairs biological, social, family or occupational functioning.
We understand that substance abuse is a serious illness that requires compassionate care in a comfortable setting. Anyone can fall victim to substance abuse – but not everyone can beat it on their own. We can help.
The substance abuse inpatient unit is part of Sparrow’s behavioral health services department – mid-Michigan's leader in quality and compassionate mental health treatment.
The help you need
Sparrow's substance abuse inpatient unit provides assessment, medically managed detoxification, and outpatient rehabilitation, relapse prevention services, family treatment, and exposure to 12-step programs.
Our substance abuse program features knowledgeable and experienced health care professionals including psychiatrists, registered nurses, therapists, activity therapists, technicians and a chaplain, who provide inpatient, outpatient and group treatments.
Do you have a substance abuse problem?
- Have you ever felt you ought to cut down on your drinking and drug use?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing you’re drinking or drug use?
- Have you felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or get rid of a hangover?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, please call today to schedule a confidential substance abuse screening. We are here to help you.
Who needs psychiatric help?
There are many different mental illnesses, and symptoms vary dramatically. If you or someone you love is experiencing any of these symptoms, please consider making an appointment today.
- Long-term sadness or irritability
- Wild mood swings
- Excessive fear or anxiety
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Dramatic changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Strong feelings of anger
- Delusion or hallucinations
- Suicidal thoughts
- Drug or alcohol abuse