Critically ill and injured patients throughout mid-Michigan have rapid, 24/7 emergency helicopter access to Sparrow through our partnership with University of Michigan Health System’s Survival Flight air medical transport service.
When time is of the essence, these fully equipped “ER’s in the sky” provide intensive care while safely speeding you or your loved one to the mid-Michigan region’s only Verified Level 1 Trauma Center.
Sparrow’s partnership with the UMHS Survival Flight helicopter service provides:
- Two helicopters available 24/7 for air medical transport from another hospital or from an emergency scene, and a third available for back up.
- Elite critical care teams of experienced flight nurses credentialed and trained to handle virtually any type of medical or traumatic emergency and critical care situation.
- Advanced communication technology links the Survival Flight transport team with the Sparrow emergency team during all phases of transport.
- The most technologically advanced aircraft in the state, three EC155s, provide extra cabin space for nurses, patients, and additional equipment required for neonatal and pediatric transports.
- Fast warm-up times and cruising speeds shave critical minutes from both ends of flights, reducing the time it takes to get a Patient to the treatment they need.
- A dedicated fixed-wing jet for long-distance Patient and organ transports.
Survival Flight is operated by the University of Michigan Health System and Pentastar Aviation in affiliation with Sparrow Health System.