Our Mission Statement:
Residents and faculty of the Sparrow Hospital Urology Residency will embrace the core competencies as a guiding framework for resident education and will provide compassionate, innovative, and state-of-the art clinical care in a respectful and professional manner.
Our Educational Philosophy:
The Sparrow Hospital Urology Residency is committed to the highest caliber program-preparing residents for a career in either academic or private practice urology. Clinical proficiency, integrity, and sensitivity to Patient satisfaction are paramount. Optimal training of the urology resident is dependent upon talented and motivated residents, committed faculty with clinical expertise, and an institutional environment conducive to learning. To learn the craft of urology, residents will receive:
- Graded and increasing responsibility in Patient care based on level of training
- An organized didactic education
- An evaluation of their performance
- Instruction to develop skills for lifelong learning
- An exposure to basic principles of medical research and its application to clinical disease
Residents will develop a general competence in Medical Knowledge, Patient Care, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Professionalism, Practice-Based Learning and Improvement, and Systems-Based Practice.