Sparrow Hospital - We have new opportunities that develop all the time. Here's a quick list of what is available and when you attend an interview, be sure to ask what is new.
With a few exceptions, summer teen volunteers will work a two hour shift.
- Summer Teen 7 Foster - A Teen Volunteer will assist in establishing a strong comfort with patient interactions and with a positive focus on responding to the patient's needs.
- Summer Teen 7 Neumann - A Teen Volunteer will assist in establishing a strong comfort with patient interactions and with a positive focus on responding to the patient's needs.
- Summer Teen 8 South-Observation Center - A Teen Volunteer will assist in establishing a strong comfort with patient interactions and with a positive focus on responding to the patient’s needs.
- Summer Teen Cardiac Progressive Care Unit - A Teen Volunteer will assist and work under the direction of the Department Manager, Assistant Department Managers, HUCs and Patient Care Techs on 4 Foster.
- Summer Teen Diabetes and Endocrinology - Teens working in the Diabetes & Endocrinology department will assist the staff in preparing for the needs of their Patients.
- Summer Teen Escorts - The Escorts assist the Transport staff with providing wheelchair assistance to patients and visitors.
- Summer Teen Lab Position - Sparrow Lab serves all person in need of laboratory tests. The Teen would support clinical lab scientists in paperwork or maintenance.
- Summer Teen Lobby Greeter - Volunteers serving as a lobby Greeter warmly welcomes visitors to Sparrow’s campus. He or she provides wheelchair and walking escort assistance to guests as needed to locations. In addition, he or she assists with questions, directions and helps to connect the guest with services as needed.
- Summer Teen Michigan Athletic Club-Athletics - Work with the Athletics Coordinator in various areas of the program.
- Summer Teen Mother/Baby - Teen volunteers provide support to nursing staff by stocking supplies, setting up rooms, delivering juice and supplies to mothers, discharging patients and offering assistance to the staff in the Mother/Baby Center.
- Summer Teen Outpatient Care Unit (OPCU) - Phase II - Post-Op - Volunteers serving in the Outpatient Surgery Department provide assistance to patients, families and caregivers within the department. We are looking for people who are friendly, joyful, upbeat and able to engage in light conversation so our patients conclude their visit with a positive impression of Sparrow.
- Summer Teen Outpatient Endoscopy - Volunteers serving in the Outpatient Endoscopy Department provide assistance for patients, families and caregivers within the department.
- Summer Teen Physical Medicine and Rehab - Teens working in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department will assist the staff in some of the clerical duties.
- Summer Teen Sparrow Foundation - Teens working at the Sparrow Foundation will assist staff with several clerical duties and other tasks including fundraising events from set up to conclusion.
- Summer Teen SMG Greenville/SMG Stanton - Teens working in the Medical Groups will assist the staff in some of the clerical duties and other tasks to assist the caregivers.
- Summer Teen SMG Senior Health/SMG North - Volunteers serving as a volunteer in SMG Senior Health will assist the staff in providing excellent customer service to the people of our community by providing quality and compassionate care.
- Summer Teen Sparrow Medical Supply - Sparrow Medical Supply is a provider of medical equipment for the home. The department is responsible for obtaining documentation to submit insurance claims.