Sparrow Clinton Hospital has a cadre of volunteers who work in several areas of the hospital. In all, more than 180 community volunteers help the hospital. Our volunteers include former employees, retirees, business people, homemakers and students.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Sparrow Clinton Hospital, call SCH Community Relations Coordinator Jackie Coffelt at 989.227.3334.
Sparrow Clinton Hospital Auxiliary
Auxiliary – Sparrow Clinton Hospital’s Auxiliary has been a mainstay of the hospital for more than 80 years. Its membership continues to provide leadership, funding and moral support to the hospital, staff and medical community.
Some of the projects the Auxiliary undertakes include:
- Gift Therapy Gift Shop - Located adjacent to the main entrance of the hospital, the gift shop is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Gift Shop features a variety of specialty items, glass/crystal, holiday novelties, cards, candy and gum, books, children's toys, gifts, and pictures.
- May Flower Sale - This spring project has become a traditional Auxiliary event. The flower sale inventory is purchased from local growers, which ultimately benefits regional economy as well the hospital.
- What is fund raising without golf? - The Gals Fore Giving golf outing sweetens the Auxiliary’s treasury. This event caters to all-women teams, soliciting sponsorships for a continental breakfast, lunch at the turn and deli buffet at the end of the day as well as some great prizes.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m.
- (excluding June, July, August and December)
- Meetings held in the White Conference Room on the third floor of Sparrow Clinton Hospital in St. Johns.
New members welcome!
Safe Kids Clinton County
Safe Kids Clinton County volunteers work to increase community awareness of preventable childhood injuries, participates in school and community events, provides educational programs, initiates public policy changes and monitors product safety.
Safe Kids Clinton County is a committee of the Health Communities Coalition, a collaborative effort between Sparrow Clinton Hospital, Sparrow Clinton Hospital Foundation, Mid-Michigan District Health Department, law enforcement, service clubs and other area human service agencies.
The helmet and car seat programs offered through the Safe Kids are intended to give parents and other caregivers the tools they need to help ensure their children are safely riding in motor vehicles and on bicycles.
Safe Kids volunteers participate each year in car seat checks, bike rodeos and health fairs as well as conduct presentations and provide safety information to the community. For more information about Safe Kids Clinton County, call 989.227.3334.