Currently all applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), a program of the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC). You can contact the Dean's office of your medical school for more information about ERAS or visit www.aamc.org/eras. Osteopathic candidates interested in the OB/GYN Program should contact the Sparrow Osteopathic Internship Office.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong interest in OB/GYN
- Scores of 86 or higher on both Steps 1 & 2 (United States Medical License Exams)
- International Medical Graduates must be fully certified by ECFMG at the time of interview
- Must be eligible to obtain a Michigan License
- Must have successfully completed formal clinical training, medical school, residency program or full clinical practice in the last 24 months.
- J1 VISA accepted
- 4 PGY-1 positions offered each year. Positions are shared between Allopathic and Osteopathic candidates
In order for your application to be considered complete, we must receive the following (all transmitted by ERAS):
- Completed ERAS Application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (not including the Dean's letter). One of the three letters should be from the Departmental Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at your medical school.
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Board Scores
- A personal photograph is helpful but not mandatory.
- Current Visa Status (for IMG's only)
Personal interviews will be granted by invitation only.