Sparrow Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Our state-of-the-art Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides the multidisciplinary team with specialized equipment designed to detect subtle changes in a child's condition and instantly alert the caregivers to these changes. Our unit features custom-made cribs for infants, designed by the PICU team to allow maximum patient comfort and maximum flexibility for the medical care team.
Our multidisciplinary intensive care team includes the region's only pediatric intensivists. Pediatric residents provide 24-hour staffing, supported by physician sub-specialists, highly-trained nurses certified in pediatric advanced life support, and other specially trained PICU team members.
- Multidisciplinary medical, surgical and trauma care
- Nurse to a patient ratio based on the child's condition and needs
- Pediatric Critical Care Transport Team
- 24-hour coverage by pediatric intensivists and pediatric residents
- Multiple subspecialists available for consultations
- All nurses Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certified
- Pediatric outreach programs to meet your educational needs
Stephen R. Guertin, MDGenderMale4LocationsSparrow Pediatric Intensivists
Steven W. Martin, MDGenderMaleLocationsSparrow Pediatric Intensivists
Aditi Sharangpani, MDGenderFemaleLocationsSparrow Regional Children's Center Sparrow Pediatric Intensivists
Mohamed Farhat, MDGenderMaleLocationsSparrow Pediatric Intensivists
Samir Gadepalli, MDGenderMaleLocationsU of M Pediatric Surgery Assoc