Family-centered and developmentally-based care
The University of Michigan Health at Sparrow’s Children’s Center cares about your family and the needs of your child or teenager. We offer these services in Lansing:
- Policies and procedures that support an approach to care that are developmentally based and family-centered to the extent possible.
- Preoperative surgical orientation to relieve anxiety about surgery (see links below).
- Child-friendly inpatient hospital rooms and environment with accommodations for one adult to spend the night with each patient.
- Separate inpatient playrooms for young children, school-aged children, and teenagers, with a full-time Child Life staff, planned activities, and special events.
- Child-friendly outpatient clinic facilities.
- Wide array of computer, video, TV, and printed materials that are family- and age-appropriate for the education and entertainment of children and teenagers.
Want to speak to someone at Sparrow Children's Center? Call 517.364.1000. An operator will help direct you to the person you are looking for.