Labor & Delivery
Are you interested in learning as much as you can about childbirth and would like to be informed and educated when you are asked to make decisions during the labor process? This class will give you all the knowledge, practice, and information that you need to have an informed, calm and relaxed delivery. This class is recommended for both first time parents and for parents that have not delivered in a few years. In this class, you will practice your labor and have a chance to ask your questions. Come and meet other couples and share your birthing journey. This class is taught by a childbirth educator.
Week 1: Third Trimester of Pregnancy, Warning Signs, Preterm Labor, Labor & Childbirth.
Week 2: Breathing & Relaxation Techniques, Comfort Measures during Labor, Childbirth Interventions, C-Sections, Labor Rehearsal, Postpartum Recovery.
Labor & Delivery Express
Labor & Delivery Express is designed for parents that are interested in obtaining the essential information on Labor and Delivery. It is a condensed version of our traditional series. This Childbirth Class is designed for those preparing for a traditional, medically supervised hospital birth. Class content includes evidence-based information about the labor and delivery process, comfort and coping techniques, creating a support team, managing pain and discomforts during labor and birth. This class is taught by a childbirth educator.
Our online prenatal class is the perfect alternative for busy parents needing a flexible class schedule or for moms on bed rest. This online class is excellent for first time parents and for experienced parents. While nothing can replace the personal connection of an on-site childbirth class, you’ll learn the same essential information, including what’s happening to your changing body, how you’ll know when you are really in labor, helpful comfort techniques, advice for partners, an overview of medical procedures, and much more.
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more.
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more.
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories.
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners, and more.
- Learn about infant care and feeding - routine tests and preventative medications, newborn appearance, breastfeeding, safety, and more.
- Learn about local resources for parents – web links, frequently asked questions, and access to many printable PDF pages.
Prenatal Private Class
For parents with special circumstances, we offer a private class. It will be arranged to accommodate your situation and schedule and can include bedside teaching in the hospital or your home. Private classes will run for 2 hours and cover the class material from one of our classes as selected per client. Call for information about fees and schedules. Financial assistance and discounts are not available for private classes.
For Private Classes you will have the option of the classes we offer regularly:
- Labor & Delivery
- Best Newborn Care Class
- Infant Safety 101