Aquatic Therapy Program
Do you or a family member experience difficulty with chronic pain?
Aquatic Therapy is for adults who are experiencing difficulty with chronic pain either in one location or throughout their entire body.
You may benefit from Pain Management’s Occupational Therapy in the aquatic setting if:
- You are experiencing chronic pain throughout your entire body
- You are having difficulty completing everyday tasks
- You have limited range of motion or strength in upper extremities, neck, or trunk
- You have difficulty with balance secondary to your pain
- You have anxiety or stress with movement or activity
- You have difficulty sleeping due to pain
- You have inability to tolerate traditional therapies
Benefits of Pain Management’s Occupational Therapy in the aquatic setting:
- Decreased pain and ability to self-manage your pain
- Improved sleep with a decrease of pain
- Increased strength, range of motion, and endurance
- Ability to return to the activities you love
- Decreased anxiety and stress regarding your pain
- Overall increase in quality of life
Sparrow Pain Management Center’s Occupational Therapists will provide you with an individualized treatment plan following your evaluation on land. After a number of aquatic therapy sessions, you will be seen in the office to determine your progress. The warm pool offers a therapeutic environment where you benefit from hydrostatic pressure and thermo benefits provided by the water. The security of the water around you allows increased movement in a safe environment.