Do You or a Family Member Experience Chronic Pain in Your Hips or Knees?
COOLIEF* Cooled Radiofrequency Treatment may help! The treatment is for adults who are experiencing chronic pain in their hips or knees, but are not ready for surgery.
COOLIEF* Treatment for Pain
Sparrow Pain Management Center providers use COOLIEF* as a minimally invasive treatment option targeting nerves that transmit pain signals. It is the only currently known radiofrequency pain management system using water-cooled technology to safely deactivate pain-transmitting sensory nerves. This allows a larger treatment area near the knee or hip to be addressed.
You may benefit from COOLIEF* if:
- You have been diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the hips or knees.
- You are taking over-the-counter medication or opioid medication on a regular basis.
- You want to delay surgery, or you want quicker results from surgery.
- Your knee or hip hurts for months or years following injury.
- You have difficulty standing up or getting out of bed.
- You want to return to your functional activities.
Benefits of the treatment include:
- Pain relief for up to 12 months.
- Improved mobility.
- Quick recovery time.
- No overnight hospital stay.
- No incision.
- Reduce medication use.
A physician referral to the program is needed for treatment. If you think that we can help, please have your physician fax a referral to 517.364.5335.