Do you or a family member experience chronic pain in your knees?
Joint injections with viscosupplementation are for adults 21 years of age or older who are experiencing chronic pain in their knees but are not ready for surgery.
You may benefit from viscosupplementation joint injections if:
- You have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the knees
- You are taking arthritis medication or opioid medication on a regular basis
- You want to delay surgery, or you want quicker results from surgery
- Your knee hurts months or years following injury
- You have difficulty standing up or getting out of bed
- You want to return to your functional activities
Benefits of viscosupplementation joint injections:
- Viscosupplementation acts as a lubricant and shock absorber for the joints
- Three injections spread out over three to five weeks
- Quick recovery time
- No incision
- Decreased pain
- Reduced medication use
- Improved mobility
Sparrow Pain Management Center providers perform joint injections with viscosupplementation as a minimally invasive treatment option targeting osteoarthritis in the knee. This three injection series can help you return to the activities that you love.