Do You Experience Difficulties Completing Everyday Activities?
The Sparrow Pain Management Center Occupational Therapy can help! This therapy is for adults who are experiencing difficulty with sleeping, grooming, working, or significant pain including:
- You are having difficulty completing everyday tasks.
- Limited range of motion or strength in upper extremities, neck, or trunk.
- Anxiety or stress with movement or activity.
- Inability to work due to pain.
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain.
- Need for organization of meds or assisting with remembering meds.
- Inability to tolerate traditional therapies.
Pain Management Occupational Therapy
A Sparrow Pain Management Center Occupational Therapist will provide you with an individualized treatment plan following your evaluation. Techniques used include but are not limited to visual imagery, biofeedback, education on body mechanics, sleep hygiene, strengthening, stress management, aquatic therapy, and relaxation techniques.
Benefits of the occupational therapy program include:
- Decrease pain and increase the ability to self-manage your pain
- Improved sleep with a decrease in pain
- Ability to return to the activities you love
- Decreased anxiety and stress regarding your pain
- Increased medication compliance
- Overall increase in quality of life
A physician referral to the program is needed for treatment. If you think that we can help, please have your physician fax a referral to 517.364.5335.