Our Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic program
If you are experiencing a temporary or short-term behavioral issue that is causing life to be difficult for you, Sparrow's outpatient behavioral health clinic is here to provide you with the support and psychiatric care you need. With a diversity of psychiatrists specializing in the treatment of various psychiatric conditions, we can help you with mental health and substance abuse care.
Our outpatient behavioral health clinic offers a range of services for adults, seniors, children, and adolescents struggling with mental health and substance abuse problems.
The outpatient behavioral health clinic is part of Sparrow's behavioral health services department - Mid-Michigan's leader in quality and compassionate mental health treatment.
The help you need
The outpatient clinic provides the following services:
- Psychiatric evaluation and initiation of treatment
- Medication review and management
- Psychiatric consultations
- Chemical dependence and addictions treatment
- Psychiatric management of medically complex issues, such as pain management
- Psychiatric treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder treatment
- Management of behavioral issues related to dementia.
Outpatient treatment is tailored to the psychiatric needs of the patient. Daytime and evening appointments are available, and family members are encouraged to participate in treatment planning.
Our staff consists of highly trained and experienced group of psychiatrists, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
Who needs psychiatric help?
There are many different mental illnesses, and symptoms vary dramatically. If you or someone you love is experiencing any of these symptoms below, please consider making an appointment today:
- Confusion accompanied by memory impairment
- Long-term sadness or irritability
- Dramatic mood swings
- Excessive fear or anxiety
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Dramatic changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Strong feelings of anger
- Delusion or hallucinations
- Suicidal thoughts
- Drug or alcohol abuse
*If you feel you or someone you love is in immediate danger, please go to a Sparrow Emergency Room or the National Suicide hotline 800.273.8255.
For further information, contact the Outpatient Behavioral Health department at 517.364.7700.