Charlotte, Mich. – As AL!VE kicks off its winter programming, it is hosting a community open house to showcase its facility expansion, offer discounts on program registrations and celebrate the grand re-opening of NOURISH by The Big Salad.
In July, Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital announced construction would begin on AL!VE to accommodate growing services and the transition of its cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program to the health park in 2017. The construction scheduled to finish in December, will be done by the end of November ahead of schedule
“To make room for our growing rehabilitation services, we expanded the workout and locker spaces to better accommodate patients and our guests and MOVE members,” said Patrick Sustrich, AL!VE executive director. “The facility updates have given us the opportunity to increase our adult and children’s program offerings and recreational options, and increase event rentals.”
During its first quarterly open house, AL!VE will offer facility tours as well as 10 percent off all program registrations for the upcoming winter quarter. Additionally there will be specials in NOURISH by The Big Salad as it celebrates its grand re-opening under the new, local ownership of community members Eric and Morene McGill.
The open house is scheduled from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday, Nov. 21, and 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 22. During those hours community members will be able to:
- Tour updated areas of AL!VE:
- ENERGIZE, the new group workout space featuring a cushioned aerobic floor, projection screen, a drop ceiling for better sound quality and increased privacy
- BREATHE, a more intimate workout and stretching space in a park-like setting that has been enlarged to accommodate increased use
- INDULGE, the men’s and women’s locker rooms, which now include more space, lockers and showers
- CHILL, a new space in GROW, the children’s recreation area, that focuses on the interests of and programming for children ages 8 to 12.
- Sign up for any upcoming classes, programs and sessions at a 10 percent discount.
- Visit NOURISH by the Big Salad, enjoy lunch or dinner and receive a coupon to be used during the month of November.
- Try on and order new, custom AL!VE apparel.
During the open house staff will be on-hand to answer any questions about AL!VE’s integrated array of services and programs.
“We are very excited about the new opportunities, including more hours for recreational programming like basketball and volleyball, more activities that engage the whole family, more educational presentations and more youth development,” Sustrich said. “Additionally we have extended our weekend hours. We are hoping these changes will help meet the health and wellness needs of even more people in our community.”
To learn more about AL!VE and its services, programming and spaces visit myalive.com or call 517-541-5800. AL!VE is an experience-based, destination health park opened by HGB in 2011. All guests are welcome at AL!VE – there are no entry fees or membership requirements. It is located at 800 W. Lawrence Ave., in Charlotte MI.