Charlotte, Mich. – Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Health Experience is an opportunity for mid-Michigan women to focus on their own wants and needs prior to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. The free annual event is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19 at AL!VE in Charlotte, Mich. “Interactive health information combined with a free lunch, retail opportunities, chair massages, wine tasting, prizes and decorating ideas make this a perfect way for women to spend a few hours focusing on their own needs prior to the kick-off of the holiday season,” said Jenny Wren, HGB director of women’s health services. The Women’s Health Experience has traditionally focused on five dimensions of health and well-being: do, eat, think, breathe and support. There will be several informational booths and interactive activities, and a free boxed lunch will be provided by NOURISH by The Big Salad. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is this year’s event sponsor. Women’s Health Experience highlights include: One-on-one conversations with clinicians about several women’s health topics including breast health, 3-D mammography, pelvic floor and incontinence, skin care, hormones and more.
- Shopping at Playmakers Satellite Store with many discounted and sale items available; you can also get a free gait analysis and shoe fitting.
- Cooking demonstrations and free samples by Chef Troy Taylor.
- Fitness demonstrations including PiYo, Zumba, POUND and CrossFit.
- Health screenings including blood pressure and BMI.
- Wine tasting with the president of the Tasters Guild of Lansing.
- Several interactive booths and activities featuring health information, holiday baking and decorating, fitness and nutrition information, mosaic art and more.
- The opportunity to win prizes during hourly drawings that begin at 10:30 a.m. (must be present to win).
Vendors include CrossFit Fade, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, The Purse Peddlers, #CharlotteRising, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Charlotte (GFWC), It’s a Breast Thing and more. Free child care will be available in GROW for children ages two to 12 for those attending the Women’s Health Experience. Pre-registration is required at 517-541-5803. More detailed information about the event can be found at hgbhealth.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HayesGreenBeach. Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital has been the Charlotte community’s choice for health care for more than 80 years. HGB is committed to working together in health to provide quality care and enhance the vitality of the community. It expanded its vision beyond providing traditional hospital services to one that promotes health and well-being through AL!VE. Learn more about HGB at www.hgbhealth.com and AL!VE at www.myalive.com.