Sparrow is engaged in creating a culture of safety for everyone who walks through our doors. Potentially lifesaving equipment - automated external defibrillators or AEDs – have been installed in public areas at Sparrow.
An AED is used to treat sudden cardiac arrest and can send an electric shock to the heart to try to restore normal heart beat.
This is another example of how Sparrow is transforming care, pursuing best practices and delivering nationally recognized care to improve the health of the mid-Michigan region.
Look for AEDs in the follow areas:
- Sparrow Main Cafeteria dining room
- Sparrow Main Lobby/Café, first floor near Neumann Elevators
- Sparrow Professional Building
- SPB Level 1 – Information desk
- SPB Level 2 – Court 1200
- SPB Level 3 – Skywalk area
- St. Lawrence Lobby, near Gift Shop
- St. Lawrence Outpatient Building, second floor near Outpatient Lab (Same level as Clark Conference Center)
- Sparrow Medical Arts Building, second floor near ATP Clinic