Check out our Facebook photo album to see all of our Caregivers' creations. Sparrow Caregivers are showing off their creative side while raising funds for Patients impacted by breast cancer.
Five bras decorated by Caregivers in radiology departments and the Sparrow Cancer Center will vie for top spots in the bra decorating contest that's part of the annual It's a Breast Thing event.
It's a Breast Thing will be held 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, at the Eagle Eye Golf Club, 15500 S. Chandler Road. Voting will be open 5-6:30 p.m. and contest winners are featured in the organization's calendar.
The event is open to the public and also features a presentation on breast health information, cancer prevention and treatment. There is a suggested $5 donation, but anyone may attend for free.
"This is a great event that does a lot to support women who have been touched by breast cancer," said Sandra Pappas O'Connor, Mammogram Team Advisor. "Our Caregivers had a lot of fun decorating their bras, and we're excited to see how they do during in the contest."
- Pocahontas - Mary Meister and Jamie Kiel in the Mammography Department
- Bling Bra - Senior Tech Katrina Steinsultz
- Take me out to the Ballgame - Mary Jane Holmes, Sandra Mazuchowski and Kris Lindquist in the Cancer Center.
- Mardi Bra - Sonographer Annie Case
- Glam Bra - CT Tech Lynne Richey and CT Nurse Lanta Winn
Proceeds from the event support of women undergoing the diagnosis, treatment and survivorship of breast cancer. Visit ItsaBreastThing.org for more information.