Published: Dec. 6, 2013
It's a hectic but exciting time of year, full of celebrations, food and fun. Don't forget these important tips from Sparrow Security Department to help keep your holiday season safe.
- Give a ride home to anyone who drank too much at holiday parties.
- Don't display gifts where they may be seen through a window or doorway.
- Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you go out, even for a few minutes.
- If you have houseguests, let them know about your security precautions and make sure they follow them.
- If you go away, get an automatic timer for your lights.
- Have a neighbor watch your home for you and pick up newspapers and mail. Volunteer to do the same for your neighbor. Arrange for the neighbor to accept packages if you're not home.
For emergencies at home and in your community, call 911.