LANSING, MI – Noted business and medical leaders have been appointed to the Boards of Directors of various boards that govern Sparrow Health System (SHS) and its subsidiaries.
Three new members have joined the board that governs the entire health system.
The new SHS members are:
- James P. Hallan is past President and Chief Executive Officer of the Michigan Retailers Association. He is now a consultant and a director of Retailers Insurance Company.
- James Herbert is retired Chairman of the Board and former CEO of Neogen Corp. He and his wife, Judi, were lead donors to the campaign to create the Sparrow Herbert-Herman Cancer Center.
- Candace Metcalf, D.O., is an anesthesiologist and past Medical Chief of Staff at Sparrow Hospital.
John Pirich has been named chair and Nancy McKeague is vice chair of the SHS Board of Directors.
Joining the Sparrow Hospital Board are:
- Robin DeMuth, M.D., a family practice physician and current Medical Chief of Staff for Sparrow Hospital.
- Corey O’Brien, D.O., an attending physician with Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants.
John Lancour is chair of the Sparrow Hospital Board and Barbara Given, Ph.D., RN, is vice chair.
Sparrow Ionia Hospital has also named two new members:
- Brandon Richmond, Technology Director, Belding Area Schools.
- Meg Wheeler, investment executive with Union Bank in Lake Odessa.
Melissa Halvorson, M.D., a physician with Alliance Obstetrics & Gynecology, has also joined the Sparrow Care Network Board of Directors.
As a community-based and community-governed health system, board involvement is essential to Sparrow’s success. Board members provide leadership and guidance, representing the needs of patients and our community.
A host of community leaders have also joined the board of the Sparrow Foundation. New members are:
- Kris Burak, Managing Principal Financial Advisor, Rehmann.
- David Kaufman, D.O., chair, Department of Neurology and Ophthalmology, MSU Colleges of Osteopathic and Human Medicine.
- Darci Marcum, Plant Director, General Motors, Lansing.
- Kelly Preston, President, Capital Steel & Wire.
- Tony Robinson, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Delta Dental.
- Tanisha A. Sanders, Area Director of Government Affairs and Communications, Waste Management.
- Ken Theis, President and CEO, Dewpoint.
- Lakeeya Tucker, D.O., physician, Alliance Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Sparrow Hospital, Medical Chief of Staff-Elect.
Sparrow Health System is Mid-Michigan’s premier healthcare organization and includes hospitals in Lansing, Carson City, Charlotte, Ionia and St. Johns, as well as Sparrow Specialty Hospital, Physicians Health Plan, Sparrow Care Network, Sparrow Medical Group and the Michigan Athletic Club. Sparrow is affiliated with Michigan Medicine through the Sparrow Children’s Center and with Michigan State University’s three human health colleges. Through these partnerships and the dedication of our 10,000 caregivers, Sparrow pursues a vision to be nationally recognized as a leader in quality and patient experience. For more information, visit Sparrow.org.