Harman “Hack” J. Nagler, M.D., MHSA
Harman “Hack” J. Nagler, M.D., MHSA, a board-certified Pediatrician and Sparrow’s Vice President of Clinical Integration, is Sparrow’s 2015 Physician of the Year. Syed Hussain, M.D.
Syed Hussain, M.D., Medical Director of Stroke Services at Sparrow and a Michigan State University HealthTeam Neurologist, received the Sparrow Physician Leadership Award.
They, along with 10 others inducted into Sparrow’s Physician Hall of Fame, were honored during the annual Physician Recognition Dinner on Saturday, April 25, at the University Club of Michigan State University.
Sparrow is proud to recognize what Physicians have done to transform care and improve the health of the people in the mid-Michigan region.
Dr. Nagler was instrumental in organizing Sparrow Care Network, a 500-plus Physician Clinically Integrated Organization led by Physicians driving care transformation. In addition to Patient care, Dr. Nagler oversees and leads the strategic direction and operations of Sparrow Care Network and Sparrow Physicians Health Network.
Dr. Hussain has been deeply involved in transforming stroke care in the mid-Michigan region. Dr. Hussain established a 24/7 Neurointerventional Service at Sparrow and played an important role in the prestigious Joint Commission certification and recertification of Sparrow’s Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Inductees into Sparrow’s Physician Hall of Fame can be nominated by colleagues or members of the community. This year’s inductees include:
- Karen S. Blackman, M.D., Family Physician and Psychiatrist, devotes time to teaching young Family Medicine Physicians the art of psychiatric intervention in their own office practices, where most mental health issues are treated.
- Robert J. Brickner, M.D., former Chief of Surgery at St. Lawrence Hospital, is passionate about bringing high-quality state-of-the-art treatment to people suffering from colon and rectal diseases and passing this knowledge on to the next generation of Physicians and practitioners in the Lansing area.
- Stanley E. Dudek, M.D., has the distinction of being the first Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Hospitalist in the country. After serving as a Major in the United States Army, he joined the Sparrow team and served as Chief of Otolaryngology for St. Lawrence and Ingham Medical.
- Maude “Molly” Guerin, M.D., as a community Physician, has provided outstanding OB/GYN care to women in the mid-Michigan region for decades. She is Chair of Sparrow’s OB/GYN Department and the Physician Champion and Director of the Keystone Quality Initiative and a member of the Sparrow Health System and Sparrow Hospital Board.
- Kenneth Morrison, M.D., is an Orthopedic Surgeon who has a passion for providing the best Patient care possible. He has had the joy of providing care to several generations of families.
- Randolph L. Pearson, M.D., is the Senior Associate Director for the Sparrow MSU Family Medicine Residency. He has a significant interest in primary care Sports Medicine, serving as team Physician for the MSU football team for the past 21 seasons.
- Julia E. Spalding, M.D., is a Family Medicine Physician most proud of providing the type of medical care she would expect her own family to receive and of the enduring relationships she developed with her long-time Patients. She was practice leader at Sparrow Eastside for many years and is a Sparrow Physician Champion with the Electronic Record Implementation Team.
- The late Robert Stow, M.D., served as Chief of Staff at St. Lawrence Hospital and Chief of Medicine at Sparrow and is remembered for his wonderful sense of humor, his love of life and commitment to his profession.
- William C. Wadland, Jr., M.D., M.S., spent years practicing in rural community health centers as a Family Medicine Physician. His focus now is academic and on promoting disease prevention related to tobacco use.
- David H. Wiedemer, M.D., pursues clinical excellence in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He has been active at Sparrow since the late 1970s, serving as Medical Director of the Endoscopy Unit and Assistant Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine.
Choose Wisely. Choose Sparrow.