Sparrow Hospital in Lansing and Sparrow Clinton Hospital in St. Johns have been honored with five awards from a national organization that tracks the top scores for Patient satisfaction.
The hospitals received the honors from Professional Research Consultants, Inc. during the annual PRC Excellence in Healthcare Conference in Miami.
The PRC Excellence in Healthcare Awards are nationally recognized honors presented to organizations and individuals who have achieved excellence in Patient satisfaction scores in the prior year.
Sparrow Clinton Hospital received three awards, including two top five-star honors, while Sparrow Hospital received two five-star awards.
“We are very pleased to receive recognition for excellence in Patient Satisfaction from the Professional Research Consultants,” says Ed Bruun, President and CEO of SparrowClintonHospital. “Our staff works diligently to develop high standards of care and implement best practice approaches that continue to improve the quality of healthcare services we provide for our Patients.”
The awards earned by Sparrow and Sparrow Clinton Hospitals were:
- Five Stars: Inpatient ServicesHCAHPS - Communication about Medications – Sparrow Clinton Hospital
- Five Stars: Inpatient ServicesHCAHPS - Pain Management – Sparrow Clinton Hospital
- Five Stars: Outpatient Radiology Services Overall Quality of Care – Sparrow Hospital Ramblewood Radiology
- Five Stars: Outpatient Therapy Services Overall Quality of Care – Sparrow Hospital DeWitt Rehabilitation
- Four Stars: Emergency Department ServicesOverall Quality of Care – Sparrow Clinton Hospital
Five-star awards are given to those organizations who rank in the top 10 percent of PRC’s database of healthcare organizations. Four-star awards are given to those in the top 25 percent.
These Five Star Awards nationally recognize Sparrow’s top-performing departments for providing quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time,” said Brigette Kieft, Sparrow Health System’s Patient Experience Administrator. “They support Sparrow’s vision of being recognized as a national leader in quality and Patient experience. We applaud the Caregivers within these departments for their commitment to Patient-centered, evidence-based best practices and are proud to celebrate their achievement.”
Choose Wisely. Choose Sparrow.