Sparrow is receiving many generous requests for donations from the community in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Starting at 10 a.m. Monday, we will accept needed supplies at the north entrance of Eastern High School,220 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Lansing. The site will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For information on dropping off items or for any questions, contact the Foundation at 517.253.6144. Please visit www.SparrowFoundation.org to learn more about how you can help and to make a financial contribution to help defray the costs of the response effort.
Donors who request a receipt will receive one from the Sparrow Foundation, following our regular Foundation Gift in Kind protocol. Anyone not feeling well should not come to the donation site. We will be happy to accept your donation when you are healthy.
We are accepting the following new or unopened items:
- Disposable face masks
- N95 masks, including 3D printed
- Eye protection including face shields and safety goggles
- Disposable gowns
- Disposable non-latex gloves
- Surgical caps
- Disposable foot covers
- Bleach or anti-microbial sanitizing wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- PAPRs (Power air purifying respirators) and PAPR hoods
- Nasal flock swabs (FLOQ swabs)
- Ventilator parts from Hamilton G5, Servo I and S, Trilogy, LTV 1200, HT 50, 7200 Puritan Bennett, including ventilator heaters, probes, wires, and disposable adapters
- Fisher & Payal MR850 wires and heaters
- Hand-sewn reusable masks
Items we will not accept are:
- Medical equipment
- Other supplies not named above
Sparrow, a member of the prestigious Mayo Clinic Care Network, is mid-Michigan’s premier health care organization that includes hospitals in Lansing, Charlotte, St. Johns, Ionia and Carson City as well as Physicians Health Plan, Sparrow Care Network, Sparrow Medical Group and the Michigan Athletic Club. Sparrow has a partnership with Michigan Medicine at the Sparrow Children’s Center and is affiliated with Michigan State University’s three human health colleges. Through these partnerships and the dedication of our 10,000 Caregivers, Sparrow pursues a vision to be nationally recognized as a leader in quality and Patient experience. For more information, visit Sparrow.org.