The Specialty Pharmacy at Sparrow is designed to ensure patients and caregivers in the Mid-Michigan area receive the attention and support they need to be successful with their specialty medications and treatment. You can count on our guidance, compassion, and education throughout the length of your therapy.
A specialty medication is one that:
- Requires extra attention from your healthcare team.
- May treat a rare, serious, or chronic condition.
- May be expensive.
- May be given by mouth, injection, infusion, or applied topically.
As a Sparrow Specialty Pharmacy patient, you have access to our specialized pharmacy services:
- Clinical support for specialty medications 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Assisting your healthcare providers to create a medication journey tailored to your specific condition.
- One-on-one counseling with our pharmacy caregivers either in-office, over-the-phone, or both. In addition, we provide you with educational materials to ensure you understand the medications you are taking.
- Assistance with your insurance authorization process and enrollment in qualifying financial support programs
- Refill reminders tailored to your preference
- Free home delivery services and pick-up options that are convenient for you and your schedule
A Sparrow Specialty Pharmacy caregiver is always available to answer your questions and to provide support. Contact us at 833.485.0222 if you have questions about:
- How to have a prescription filled or transferred to our pharmacy
- How to refill your medication
- How to transfer a prescription to another pharmacy
- Order status and order delays
- Insurance coverage and prescription cost
- Medication questions or concerns
- Filing a complaint
What to Expect
You will be contacted by members of the pharmacy team to ensure you have access to your medication without experiencing any gaps in therapy.
We will partner with you and your provider to achieve therapy treatment goals.
We will conduct a thorough review of your medications that includes an accurate listing of your current prescriptions, as well as over-the-counter, herbal or homeopathic medications.
We will conduct screenings for drug interactions and disease states.
For non-urgent matters that occur outside our normal business hours, call 517.364.2720 or 833.485.0222 and select option 1 to leave a message. Someone from the Specialty Pharmacy will return your call during the next business day.
For urgent matters, you can reach a pharmacist after hours, on weekends, or on holidays by calling 517.364.2720 or 833.485.0222. Select option 2 and you will be transferred to the Inpatient Pharmacy. Then select option 2 and ask to speak to a pharmacist.
We offer 24-hour Pharmacist support for any after-hours clinical questions, located on the first floor of Sparrow Hospital at 1215 E. Michigan Avenue in Lansing, Michigan.
We are closed on the following holidays, but offer on-call/after-hours services:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Commitment to Excellence
Sparrow Specialty Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a healthcare provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care. If you have any concerns about the product or service that you receive from Sparrow Specialty Pharmacy, you may contact ACHC directly at 855.937.2242.
Sparrow Specialty Pharmacy is URAC accredited for Specialty Pharmacy.