Comprehensive heart, lung and vascular care
Sparrow's cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons are highly trained and board-certified to provide advanced treatment options for open heart, blood vessel, and lung surgeries in the Mid-Michigan region.
Cardiovascular Surgery or Vascular Surgery
The goal of vascular treatments and surgery is to restore blood flow
The goal of vascular treatments and surgery is to restore blood flow This can include surgery for complex issues like lesions or limb salvage. coronary artery bypass surgery, valve replacement and lymphatic circulation.
Treatment may also include medical management or minimally invasive procedures in the Cath. Lab.
A cardiac or cardiovascular surgeon could treat:
- Coronary artery disease or blockages of the arteries in the heart
- Blockages in the heart valve(s)
- Leaking heart valve(s)
- Abnormal enlargement or aneurysms of the large arteries in the chest
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
Cardiothoracic / Thoracic Surgery
Your chest contains more than your heart and we offer a wide range of cardiothoracic/thoracic surgery treatments for chest and heart diseases, including bypass surgery, lung cancer and thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery. We can help treat a variety of issues from lung cancer, esophageal cancer, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hiatal hernias, and swallowing disorders such as achalasia.
Some of the surgical procedures include:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Valvular replacement and repair
- Resection of aortic and thoracoabdominal aneurysms
- Surgery for atrial arrhythmias
- Evaluation and treatment of both benign and malignant pulmonary tumors
- Evaluation and treatment of mediastinal and esophageal pathology
- Treatment of chest wall abnormalities
- Management and treatment of traumatic cardiac and thoracic injuries
- Adult cardiac pathology
- Aneurysms of the thoracic aorta
- Bypass surgery
- Diseases, including cancer, involving the lungs, mediastinum, esophagus and chest wall
- Heart valve replacement and repair
- Limited pediatric abnormalities
- Surgical repair of complex chest and abdominal aneurysms
- Surgical treatment of heart rhythm disorders