Registering for classes
Please fill out this form if you are paying by Credit Card
Please fill out this form if you have Physicians Health Plan Or Sparrow Physicians Health Network
Download the Registration Form and mail it in with your check, money order, credit card, or insurance information and send to:
3315 S. Pennsylvania Ave.,
Lansing, MI 48910
Please note you will receive a registration email within five business days. All classes will be on Zoom instead of in person, until further notice.
Class Fee: $215 per couple
- Select a Labor & Delivery class date (see below) and select a Best Newborn Care class date (located under Parenting Classes) and fill out on the registration form with those dates.
Labor & Delivery
Class Fee: $100 per couple
Are you interested in learning as much as you can about childbirth and would like to be informed and educated when you are asked to make decisions during the labor process? This class will give you all the knowledge, practice, and information that you need to have an informed, calm and relaxed delivery. This class is recommended for both first time parents and for parents that have not delivered in a few years. In this class, you will practice your labor and have a chance to ask your questions. Come and meet other couples and share your birthing journey. This class is taught by a childbirth educator.
Week 1: Third Trimester of Pregnancy, Warning Signs, Preterm Labor, Labor & Childbirth.
Week 2: Breathing & Relaxation Techniques, Comfort Measures during Labor, Childbirth Interventions, C-Sections, Labor Rehearsal, Postpartum Recovery.
Two Week Series
- Tuesdays, Jan. 5 & 12 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Feb. 9 & 16 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Tuesdays, March 9 & 16 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Tuesdays, April 6 & 13 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 17 | 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 21 | 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 20 | 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 24 | 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This class is offered multiple times a month. New dates will be added as they become available. This class is offered on two weekday evenings or a one-day option either 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 3:30-9 p.m.
*Pre-registration is required. Use the forms at the top of the page to register. PHP and SPHN Insurance now covers cost of this program. Financial Assistance is available for this class for details email EPO.
Labor & Delivery Express
Class Fee: $55 per couple
Class Topics: Labor & Delivery Express is designed for parents that are interested in obtaining the essential information on Labor and Delivery. It is a condensed version of our traditional series. This Childbirth Class is designed for those preparing for a traditional, medically supervised hospital birth. Class content includes evidence-based information about the labor and delivery process, comfort and coping techniques, creating a support team, managing pain and discomforts during labor and birth. This class is taught by a childbirth educator.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 27 | 6:30-9 p.m.
Class is offered every other month. New dates will be added as they become available.
*Pre-registration is required. Use the forms at the top of the page to register. PHP and SPHN Insurance do not cover the cost of this program. Financial Assistance is available for this class for details email EPO.
Class Fee: $100 (Includes online access for 30 days.)
Class Topics: Our online prenatal class is the perfect alternative for busy parents needing a flexible class schedule or for moms on bed rest. This online class is excellent for first time parents and for experienced parents. While nothing can replace the personal connection of an on-site childbirth class, you’ll learn the same essential information, including what’s happening to your changing body, how you’ll know when you are really in labor, helpful comfort techniques, advice for partners, an overview of medical procedures, and much more.
To see a sample of the e-Class class, click here.
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more.
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more.
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories.
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners, and more.
- Learn about infant care and feeding - routine tests and preventative medications, newborn appearance, breastfeeding, safety, and more.
- Learn about local resources for parents – web links, frequently asked questions, and access to many printable PDF pages.
*Pre-registration is required. Use the forms at the top of the page to register. PHP and SPHN do not cover the fee for this program unless the mother is on bed rest or out of the area. You must get approval from PHP and SPHN in advance.
Prenatal Private Class
For parents with special circumstances, we offer a private class. It will be arranged to accommodate your situation and schedule and can include bedside teaching in the hospital or your home. Private classes will run for 2 hours and cover the class material from one of our classes as selected per client. Call for information about fees and schedules. Financial assistance and discounts are not available for private classes.
For Private Classes you will have the option of the classes we offer regularly:
- Labor & Delivery
- Best Newborn Care Class
- Infant Safety 101