The MAC's aquatics program has been ranked as one of the nation's best, with:
- 25-meter, six-lane indoor lap pool
- Second indoor pool for water exercise classes, rehabilitation, children's swimming lessons and play; kept at 85 degrees
- 25-yard, six-lane outdoor competitive lap pool with starting block and a 12-foot depth at one end for lifesaving, scuba and other types of classes
- Outdoor leisure pool with a zero-grade entry on one side (gradually sloping down like a beach) for kids, recreational use, and swim lessons. This pool is kept at 85 degrees.
- Giant 200-foot-long water slide that empties into our outdoor leisure pool.
Both outdoor pools are seasonally enclosed in an air structure so they can be used year-round. For added summertime enjoyment, there are picnic tables, a food service area, sand volleyball courts and a generous sand play area for children adjacent to our outdoor pools.
From Tot and 1/2 to Water Fitness and the MACkerels Competitive Swim Team, the MAC offers a wide variety of quality aquatics programs for all of our members.
Masters Swim Program
Are you 18 or over? Looking for a coached swim workout? Try our Master Swim Program–no additional cost!
Monday-Thursday 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the air structure lap pool
The MAC provides quality swim instruction from certified professionals. We maintain low instructor to student ratios at all levels.
Private lessons are also available to accommodate the busiest schedules. Call the Concierge Desk at 517.364.8800 for more information.
Water's resistance helps to tone and strengthen muscles while providing a cardiovascular workout. Participants are able to exercise with less bio-mechanical stress on their joints.
We offer more than 40 water exercise classes per week, including Splash Aerobics, Strength and Stretch, and Aqua Zumba. A variety of special needs classes are also available including Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Weight Management, Pre- and Postnatal and Water Exercise for Rehab.